by Mary Cantando, Founder of The Woman’s Advantage, Guest Contributor
Although much change has occurred in business among men and women, there are still some strong differences in meeting with either sex. Next week we’ll highlight women’s tendencies, but here are five tendencies that men demonstrate.
Five Tendencies of Men in Business
- Men tend to avoid asking for help and direction, so rather than focusing on “helping” them, discuss how you will “work” with them.
- Men tend to seek out power positions, so understand how your offering can help them gain or retain power.
- Men tend to be straightforward, so don’t spend a lot of time dancing around a topic.
- Men tend to sit further back and lean back when listening; don’t take this as a negative sign, it is just a mannerism.
- Men generally don’t nod to show understanding; they nod to show agreement, so if they nod, know that you are moving in the right direction.