I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, ‘It takes a team to make a dream happen’. I’m going to take liberty with this phrase and turn it around to, ‘It’s a dream when there’s a team’.
Last week’s Woman in the Spotlight dinner featuring the inspirational and indomitable, Karina LeBlanc, two time Olympic Canadian soccer player, bronze medalist, motivational speaker, media host and humanitarian is the perfect example of this.
Carol Colley of Y5 Creative approached me a few months ago with an invitation to co-host a dinner with her. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity. I love working collaboratively with others! What I didn’t know at the time was that she would also bring Karina to the table as our keynote speaker. Wow.
In the months leading up to the event, Carol, Karina, and I had a number of planning calls and emails. What fun it was to identify our vision together and then work through details, each of us bringing our strengths, talent and community to the table.
The dinner turned out to be everything we’d hoped for and then some.
Karina was incredible! She inspired us all to make a difference in this world when, and where we can.
Carol was a dream partner, always being available to work through details and being so patient and caring.
But here’s the bonus: we all brought our communities together! The guest list ended up being comprised of 3 incredible groups of people.
Now I have the joy of hearing how many of you met, and are now building relationships. Perhaps some of you will also form new teams.
With deep Gratitude to my fellow dream team members, Carol and Karina. It was a joy to work with you both!
Special thanks to our youth ticket sponsors. It was great to have so many young women in the room… and all because of you!
- WBI Home Warranty Ltd.
- Basements Plus Renovations
- Inntimate Inns Ltd.
- The Law Courts Inn
What a venue and what a view! The staff were so helpful, efficient and pleasant. The food was delicious!
Special thanks to other ‘Dream Team’ members
- Maggie Langrick, Publisher and Founder, Lifetree Media, ‘Dream Q & A Host’
- Sussan Toub, Perfect Impressions Printing
- Janice Porter, SendOutCards and event champion
- Linda McLeod, Health Habits for Life, event champion and exhibitor
- Megan Stacey, Superpower Digital, social media and visual communications, ‘my back of house dream team’
- Gail Spurgeon and Gail Barton, ‘the Door Dream Team’
- Y5 Creative ‘Dream Tech Team’
- Y5 Creative ‘Dream photo and videography team’