by Mary Cantando, Founder of The Woman’s Advantage, Guest Contributor
Five Insights into Reading Body Language
1. Fidgeting, excessive blinking, or chewing/licking lips can signal that the individual you’re speaking with is nervous.
2. Rocking back and forth can indicate that someone is impatient or anxious to be finished.
3. Picking at clothes, as though removing lint, is a sign of disagreement or opposition.
4. Rubbing the head or ear can indicate that someone is either upset or bored with what you are saying.
5. Rubbing or touching the neck while speaking can indicate that someone is being dishonest with you.