by Mary Cantando, Founder of The Woman’s Advantage, Guest Contributor
Most small businesses fail in less than five years. So if your business is five, ten or even 20 years old, you should celebrate. But what’s the best way to do this? Here are five suggestions for your 5th Anniversary, which you can modify if you are celebrating one, ten, fifteen, or even twenty (and beyond) years in business.
Five Ways to Celebrate a Business Anniversary
1. Every month give away something to your 5 best customers.
You decide who these best customers are; it could be based on the revenue they generate, their longevity with your firm, or whatever else you want to use.
2. Every month give away 5 hours of paid time to an employee.
You could have a monthly drawing to determine this and then remove an employee from the drawing once she wins.
3. Give away the jersey of a regional major-league athlete who wears #5.
Do this through a drawing of all customers. Media this up. BIG. Arrange for that player to attend the give-away event.
4. Give away 5 dinners for two to customers.
Hold a drawing to determine this and make a big deal out of the winners with your existing clients by profiling them on your website.
5. Feature your 5 longest-term employees on your website or in your newsletter.
If you have fewer than 5 employees, recognize your 5 longest-term customers this way.