by Mary Cantando, Founder of The Woman’s Advantage, Guest Contributor
The more information you have in any negotiation, the more powerful is your position. So whether you’re negotiating with your teenager, your top business prospect, or your most valuable employee, here are some questions that will provide valuable insight for your conversation.
Five Questions to Ask in Negotiating Anything
- Why is that important to you or your company?
- Is there any reason you cannot (do something specific)?
- What do we need to do to reach an agreement on this?
- What area of the proposal/offer is problematic to you?
- What do you need from me to make a decision?