by Mary Cantando, Founder of The Woman’s Advantage, Guest Contributor
Whether it’s with your staff, a co-worker, a customer or your spouse, to gain cooperation, you must first connect with them.
Here are five ways to create those important connections.
1. Go out of your way to understand how they see the situation.
2. Adapt your communication style to meet their needs.
3. Respond to what they say they want or need.
4. Acknowledge and honor their feelings about the situation.
5. Give them credit for their ideas and accomplishments.