Book Publishing Boot Camp8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Best Western Plus Chateau Granville
1100 Granville St., Vancouver BC
Book Publishing Boot Camp
An all-day workshop for women entrepreneurs and professionals
Share your expertise. Expand your brand. Write a book.
In partnership with
Want to write a book but not sure where to start? Have a book in the works, but not sure how to finish? This all-day conference is the place to be. Find out exactly what it takes to plan, write, publish and market a nonfiction book that can boost your business, showcase your expertise, and build your personal or professional brand.
You’ll learn from an expert lineup of award-winning publishers, editors, agents, marketing experts and published authors, through keynote presentations, panel discussions and fun, interactive exercises. Workshop your own book idea, get answers to your toughest questions, and finish the day ready to write your own book in 2018!
We will cover:
- The changing publishing landscape: who the players are, and how the business works.
- Self-publishing, traditional or hybrid: Which one is right for you?
- Marketing your book: Tips and tricks from traditional book publicists and guerrilla book marketers.
- Sponsorship strategies: How even first-time authors can garner in-kind sponsorship and financial backing from corporations, small businesses and big-mouth influencers, presented by Charmaine Hammond from Raise a Dream.
- What sells in today’s market: What agents, editors, publishers and book buyers look for.
- How to write the right book for you: In-depth interactive workshop to help you develop a book concept that will reach your target readers and meet your objectives, presented by LifeTree Media publisher Maggie Langrick.
- What is it really like? Published authors share their stories and lessons learned.