by Mary Cantando, Founder of The Woman’s Advantage, Guest Contributor
Now that we’re into the New Year, let’s stop focusing on habits we want to eliminate and focus on establishing positive habits in our lives.
Here is a five-step process to develop positive habits
Five Steps to Establishing a Positive Habit
1. Decide on a small success habit you want to implement.
Work on creating only one new habit at a time.
2. Visualize what your life will be like once you follow this habit consistently.
3. Create parameters around your new habit.
For example, “I’ll set the alarm for 6AM so I can start to meditate at 6:15.”
4. Tell a few stakeholders what you are doing.
Be open to their input and ideas.
5. Establish benchmarks at which you reward yourself.
For example, weekly or monthly or after 100 days in a row.